Banned from landfill
All landfill sites must have licenses regulations are changing all the time so you must keep up with Environment Agency guide lines.
- Pollution prevention and control (PCC permitting ) commenced 6th April 2008
- Waste management licensing ( WML) commenced 6th April 2008
- Batteries directive commenced 5th May 2009
- Mining waste Directive commenced 7th July 2009
Waste that has been banned from landfill.
- Used tyres
- Infectious clinical waste (from hospitals, medical or veterinary)
- Explosive (ammunition, gunpowder, flares, detonators.)
- Corrosive (acid or alkaline sludge.)
- Flammable with flash point of 55c(magnesium, phosphorus, alcohol or camphor)
- Oxidising (ammonium nitrate, potassium chlorate, potassium permanganate, sodium chlorate.
Future environmental permitting
- Waste carriers & brokers registrations Date expected summer 2010
- Water discharge consent Date expected April 2010
- Groundwater authorisations Date expected April 2010
- Radioactive substances regulations Date expected April 2010
- Water abstraction & impoundment licences Date expected April 2011
- Revised waste exemptions Date expected April 2010
(See Netregs for further information)